We all know that pets are remarkable for their capacity to love. As all want to keep a dog as a pet. Dogs are very loyal to human beings. They are the first choice as a pet for humans. They bring immense pleasure to our daily lives. Here are the top 10 breeds of dog popular in India.
- German Shepherd: These dogs are quick to learn and are obeyed by the owner. They can be easily trained. Their growth rate is faster than other breeds and hence they require a diet that is rich in protein. They can be called natural protector and are so adaptable and intelligent that he has to perform just about every job to be known to dog. They are large in size and can live up to 14 years.
- Beagles: They are small to medium in size. They can be found in tricolor (white with black and brown). They are having a strong sense of smell. Their nose is the most important part of their anatomy and their head is always down to the ground searching for an interesting trail to follow. Their life expectancy is up to 15 years.
- Great Dane: They are hugely powerful and elegant. They are moderately playful and affectionate and good with children. Their diet is larger in quantities as compared to other small dogs. These dogs are primarily family pets despite their sizes and become popular to help guard against robbers. One major significant disease can cause health problems that are Obesity. This type of disease can cause joint problems, back pain, and heart problems. Their longevity range is low up to 8 years.
- Boxer: They are kind and gentle and highly obedient. Their body looks sporty. Their need is fulfilled by high-quality food with all the necessary nutrients. Some healthy snacks include raw fruits and vegetables. Age up to 10 years.
- Labrador: They are bonded with everyone. This breed loves to swim. They play an important role in human life such as bomb detection search and rescue services. They usually remain fairly active throughout their lives. Life up to 12 years.
- Pug: This breed is highly cherished to stay at home as well as enjoy the outdoors. They are always prepared for both homemade and manufactured food. Their diet does not contain much fat. The breed has a fine glossy coat that comes in a variety of colors can be light brown, and black with well-developed muscles. Life up to 11 years.
- Rottweiler: This type of breed is devoted and loyal to their loved ones. A moderate amount of fat is suggested for them to fulfill their needs. They are generally easy to train. They like to eat and will work for you for more food every chance they get. They are honest and deeply devoted to humans. Life up to 12 years.
- Golden Retriever: These pets are obedient in nature. They are very intelligent and can be trained easily. When the time comes for their heavy shedding their brushing seasons turn into daily affairs. Golden Retrievers excel at retrieving games for hunters and tracking sniffing out contraband for law enforcement. Life up to 15 years.
- Cocker Spaniel: They are fairly active and like to live in apartments. Their looks are silky coats of medium length which are flat and wavy. Their main food is chicken and rice-based food. They can be a part of hunting dogs. One should not get surprised when this breed chases birds and other small animals when u take them out for a walk. Keeping this breed beautiful is expensive and a lot of work is to be done like brushing the coat every day. Life up to 15 years.
- Dachshunds: These are famous for their ever-alert expression. Even though they are little in size but when they bark it can terrify to the visitors to your house. They are great watchdogs who will alert you on finding the slightest suspicious activities. Some dachshunds say their personality with differences among the different varieties of the breed. Their coat may be shades of red, black, chocolate, white, and grey. Some have tan markings or are spotted and dappled. The average life span is around 15 years.
Hope you liked the list of breeds of dog that are popular in India.