The way this year is going on, we have all realized the importance of good mental and physical health and have been taking care of ourselves. Amidst our bust lifestyle patterns, we forget to take time for ourselves to ensure that we are doing well.
It is equally important to think about our pets too during this time. Though 2021 has been a rough start for all of us. We never know it might end with a revolution in our personal and pet health care and wellness. In this blog we are going to share some tips. These tips will help you to care your pets health at home.
Prioritizing Pet Health At Home
Although you may think that good pets health care takes place at a hospital but the fact is that good pet healthcare happens at home.
Take tips on the following points:
Planned nutrition – It is important to know what you eat because, by the end of the day, you are what you eat. From selecting a nutritious diet, monitoring your calorie count, and promoting a healthy body weight, you can do a lot for your pet’s health.
Home dental care – Good dental health care is important for maintaining oral health. You might take this time to teach your pet to have their teeth brushed. You can experiment with different oral health products.
Mental Wellness For Pets
People have been prioritizing different forms of meditation, yoga, and other wellness exercises for their well-being. Pets need help in this department too. Animals that don’t receive good mental support can suffer from behavioral problems, depression, or even be more prone to developing problems like cognitive dysfunction.
Take some time to be sure that your pet is receiving good social stimulation and proper exercise. You can consider the following:
· Placing a bird feeder out of the window. It will keep your pet entertained.
· Rotating toys often
· Provide vertical space for cats
· Spend time daily with your pet
· Provide cross-species play when appropriate
· Teach your pet a new trick with the help of some training.
· Encourage your dog to exercise daily.
Pets have evolved to become attuned to humans and their behavior and emotions. Dogs are capable to understand many of the words humans use, they’re even better at interpreting our tone of voice, our body language, and gestures.
Pets, especially dogs, can reduce stress, anxiety, and depression, ease your loneliness, encourage you to exercise and playfulness, and also improves your heart health. Caring for an animal can help your children grow up to be more secure and active individuals. Pets also provide valuable companionship for older adults. Perhaps most importantly, a pet can add real joy and unconditional love to your life.
A Pet Can Improve Your Health
However, it is true that people with pets often experience greater health benefits than those without them, a pet doesn’t necessarily have to be a dog or a cat. Even watching fish in an aquarium can help you reduce muscle tension and lower your pulse rate.
Numerous studies have shown that:
· People with pets have lower blood pressure during stressful situations than those without pets. An important study also showed that when people with borderline hypertension adopted dogs from a shelter home, their blood pressure declined enormously within a period of five months.
· Pet owners are least likely to suffer from depression.
· Playing with a dog, cat, or other pet can increase levels of serotonin and dopamine, which help you calm and relax.
· Heart attack patients who have pets tend to live longer than those without them.